The Crocker Art Museum is finishing 2015 with the light of revolution in their eyes. The museum is pulling the stops out to celebrate their last mix of the year, here’s all the excitement that’s happening:
- See! The robots from the American River College Electronics program
- Laugh! With comedians Keith Lowell Jensen and Johnny Taylor.
- Experience! A reverse auction and performance art from Bobby Edwards’ Transnational Artproject
- Time Travel! With Aether Tintype’s retro portraiture
- Abandon Tradition! With the lace work of Isabella Corsetry
- Stand Up! With the Sacramento Young Feminist Alliance
- Rock! With Boomcase, Lonely Bulls, and DJ-in-Residence Larry Rodriguez
- Learn! About steampunk with a locally-made documentary from Futures Explored
- Shop! Find steampunk accessories and gifts from Dimond Works
- Create! with Uptown Studios’ Design Thinking breakout group activity
- See! Divine Ammunition: The Sculpture of Al Farrow, and local artist Bryan Maretti’s video tribute to the exhibition!
- Cheese from the Sacramento Natural Food Co-op
- Coffee sampling from Pachamama Coffee Cooperative
- Sun baked goodies from Solar Cookers International
- Old-timey sodas from Sacramento’s own Burly Beverages
Happy hour from 5 – 6 PM and $5 drink specials all night!
And last but definitely not least: Pick up TUBE.’s Issue 2! It will be making its debut at the Art Mix. Come by, meet the TUBE.rs, and get your very own copy.
The Art Mix will be held at 216 O St, Sacramento on Dec. 10th from 5-8 pm. Admission is free to members, and free with general admission to non-members. Admission runs from $10 (Adult prices) to $5 (for those between 7 and 17). Children under 6 are free.
We’ll see you there.
Words: K. Hules